What's changed? & what's the current state of RSPS?

Until I opened Zanaris last year, I was out of RSPS for 4 years, since Zanaris was hacked and leaked, I've not touched RSPS with intent of hosting (lockdowns been hard, worked on multiple just for fun projects, but nothing with intent of hosting).

Last year nothing had really changed, except for people (including me) using Runite/OS-Scape/Vorkath, I guess my questions are:

1. What's changed?
  2. Are they thriving, dying?
  3. What do the top servers have to offer?
  4. What do you think needs to change in the scene?

1/2. rsps is "dead" but only because rsps owners stopped advertising to runescape players through bot sites ect so "new" players coming in is very low, also jagex\rsps owners has succesfully damaged the reputation of rsps in the eyes of runescape players. you mention the word rsps to a runescape player and they cringe and automatically assign bad annotations to it (some sort of social engineering as taken place for this to happen by jagex & RS youtubers ive seen so many youtubers/streamers shit talk rsps) or by so many big servers cashing out and shutting down blaming jagex.

3. content, content & content if any of the top servers gets leaked rsps scene will be cheering. because as of rn there is nothing to really use without putting in atleast a years worth of effort if you want to comepte with the top.

4. rsps owners need to stop damaging the reputation of rsps in general, the list of servers cashing out and shutting down in the past is too long to say. also high rev servers need to stop imitating rs3 and start focusing on the 2011 era with osrs added into it aswell.

Also something to note:

When new players come in from runescape theyre lost on what to do unless they have a friend playing who can teach them, soulsplit solved this issue by opening a page on first login with a very indepth noob guide for new players to learn the ins n outs of the game and what a rsps actually is.

• LIKE+ 1

I think the issues in the RSPS scene are:

- Toxic People
- Cash-Grab RSPSs/Owners/People in general
- Not enough people willing to learn

Back in the day, there was people with real talent (there is still ALOT of people with talent) and there was alot of people who seriously wanted to play something that was actually fascinating at the time, which was Runescape but a much easier version where you could get whatever you wanted either instantly or much easier.

Are RSPSs thriving?

- They're not 'thriving' - the community right now at best is "nearly stable" (partially thanks to Zaros) in terms of the fact that right now I wouldnt say it's dying massively, it's probably kind of up and down right now.

What do the top servers have to offer?

- Take it from RSPSs like Zaros, Zenyte, Alora etc. Close-to-OSRS content but with that slight bit of ease and an 'easier' community where you're stuck behind a super-strict rule set in terms of chatting with players etc, it's having the same systems and mechanics as OSRS that really keeps an RSPS itself thriving. Custom servers can too make a big difference but they have to be willing to, you can't just slap a bunch of enemies with random colours in a long tunnel and call it a custom raid, it needs to have some mechanics to it and a level of difficulty, where it doesnt feel like you're just clicking one enemy and then another etc.

What needs to change?

- People need to grow up and relax, why is everyone being so greedy? Everyone wants to make money yes and to be quite honest alot of people want to spend their money on RSPS too. The issue is too many people are being let down, betrayed and scammed in this scene right now. People leaking stuff everywhere, people scamming others, general dishonesty and the rest that doesn't need be explained. Not alot of people seem to have a real desire to make a big impact for a good reason, it's just to make money. I myself work in IT in real life, coding is something that could really enhance my future - being able to 'play Runescape' whilst having a close-knit community of like-minded people is something that amazes me, who cares about the donations? It costs about £30 - £40 for a decent enough VPS to play a private server with 50 - 100 people or so.. but everyone is playing this 'dog eat dog world' game.

• LIKE+ 2
On 1/10/2021 at 3:20 PM, Zenith said:

- Not enough people willing to learn

There is plenty of people willing to learn, there just isn't many willing to teach.

The "Figure it out yourself" mentality that most of the rsps community have is nothing but hurtful to rsps development in general.

• LIKE+ 1
13 minutes ago, Victor_ said:

There is plenty of people willing to learn, there just isn't many willing to teach.

The "Figure it out yourself" mentality that most of the rsps community have is nothing but hurtful to rsps development in general.

Eh, I wouldn't agree. 9 x out of 10, the people asking for help are asking for help with the basic errors you'll find with any RSPS package or even Java code in general.

You can't expect people to spend time going over and over the same stuff with every new person that joins, this isn't a RSPS help community it's an RSPS community.

8 hours ago, Victor_ said:

people should learn the basics of java\kotlin b4 asking for help tbh

alot of rsps servers today are in a bad way because you have the server that pop up seem decent take donations and then just vanish and re release as a new name

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 5:40 PM, Zeroski said:

alot of rsps servers today are in a bad way because you have the server that pop up seem decent take donations and then just vanish and re release as a new name

yes and then their shit code gets leaked and used and the cycle repeats 

Spaming will not be tolerated do not abuse the limited char system